5 Tips for Flawless Skin on Your Wedding Day
This week I e-met with the super creative makeup artist, Janneth Fernandez, who shared some amazing tips for your wedding day. I hope you guys enjoy the article that she put together as much as I did!
"Getting married can be one of the most exciting yet stressful times of our lives. That being said, all the stress and emotions can definitely play a toll on our skin! But the good news is that makeup can help you have a FLAWLESS skin finish! Here are some tips…
1. No matter what your skin type is you must moisturize. Don’t try anything new the day of your wedding! Use oil free moisturizer for oily skin and extra hydrating moisturizer for dry skin.
2. Follow this with a primer that suits your skin type. Oily/combination skin should use a mattifying primer all over, or over the extra oily parts of your face (usually the T-zone). Dry skin must use a hydrating primer. Primers are often overlooked but they help grab the makeup and fill in unwanted fine lines and texture.
3. If you are extra dehydrated (sometimes due to alcohol, previous skin treatments or possibly more sun than you expected to get) you can blend a small amount of moisturizer with your foundation. If you want an extra glow, use a shimmering moisturizer to blend with your foundation.
4. Don’t be afraid to glow on your special day! You can glow without looking like a disco ball. For dry skin try using a liquid highlighter or cream highlighter. For Oily/Combination skin try the pressed powder highlighters.
5. Last but not to be forgotten, always finish with a hydrating mist. There are some products that are created to mattify your end makeup look but there are also those that hydrate and give you that runway model glow! Nonetheless, spritz away and help set your makeup while making it look amazing instead of dull!
Remember, this is your day and you deserve to look and feel FABULOUS! Hope these tips help." - Janneth.
Thanks Janneth for giving us great advise, I'm sure our readers will benefit from these awesome tips!
*** Janneth is an experienced Professional Makeup Artist. Since childhood she has loved art & painting and 14 years ago she decided to get licensed as an esthetician. She has had the pleasure to work with amazing makeup companies such as Estee Lauder, MAC Cosmetics, Urban Decay, Jane Iredale and Luka Cosmetics. After so many years in the makeup industry she now works as an independent contractor. She uses the cleanest cosmetics on her clients and organic skin care makeup is definitely her specialty. She is very passionate about her work and because of it, she brings only positive energy to her work and beautiful clients.
Connect with Janneth:
Paula Anger is a Delray Beach Certified Wedding Planner, owner of Verano Events and author of *Verano's Essential Wedding Guide*. Paula has been in the event's and fashion industry for over 10 years and has worked with well-known celebrities. Contact her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share, Like & Comment!