5 Things That Inspire Me About Wedding Planning
My name is Miranda Lewis and after many years of searching I finally found something I’m very passionate about: Wedding Planning. Here are six fun facts that inspire me to become a wedding planner.
1. The time leading up to a bride’s wedding day can be stressful. Aside from stressful it can be exhausting, draining, and just seem downright impossible. That’s why wedding planners are here. Wedding planners not just act as a planner but also as a therapist, accountant, designer, and full on advisor. This is why you should find someone who is passionate and inspired to make your wedding day the best day of your life.
2. What inspires me most about being a wedding planner is the people. The one reason I decided to go into this business was to make a bride’s dream become a reality. I want to take that image inside a bride’s head and bring it to life. Everything they wished for from the venue, the flowers, the music. Having it all come together and seeing the smile on everyone’s face is one of the best feelings in the world. The smiles are what makes this job so rewarding and worth any stress that may come with it.
3. The little things. The little things are what make being a wedding planner so fun. I love the details of the flowers and making sure the colors and the way they look are just right. The music, making sure the songs that play fit the theme of the wedding, fit the couple’s personality style while also keeping in mind your guests and just overall make everyone happy. The activities for the guests. Making sure the guests have an equally as enchanting night as the couple and have the most up to date trends and activities for them. Putting together those extra special touches and creating that wow factor that just surprises everyone. It’s all these little things and more put together that make the most magical evening.
4. Working with different people and vendors is something that always makes me thrilled. Partnering with someone who is just as passionate about what they do such as photography or catering and coming together to create a wonderful event is such a rewarding experience to have. You can end up building such strong relationships with your vendors at an event and they deliver the best service they can possible give to not only you as the planner but to the couple as well.
5. I also secretly love the challenges that arise throughout the way. Wedding planning is not always simple and easy. There are tears, fights, and stress that may occur. But I love finding solutions to any problem that may arise. As a planner, we are here to take care of everything for you and lift that stress off of you. The challenges that come about while planning a wedding only inspire to make things better than they would have originally been.
6. Lastly, I love the lifelong friendships you become with the couple. I love hearing about how the couple is doing after a month, a year, five years. Even if it is just on social media and seeing posts about kids or buying their first home together. It warms my heart to know that I was part of the day that started it all. Knowing I was that certain couple’s wedding planner, I feel a part of every milestone and the love you both share for the rest of your lives. Couples will always look back on their wedding day as the first day of the rest of their lives and being a part of that is what makes every step worth it.
Miranda Lewis is an intern and event's assistant at Verano Events in Delray Beach, Fl. Connect with us: email@example.com